A round up of the popular history books published in the UK last month in hardback! This list is intended to be pretty comprehensive (see notes) with covers linking to Amazon (🇬🇧 and 🇺🇸). Hover mouse or press finger to reveal icon links. Our full list of history books can be found here.
There are fewer new history books released in November – no doubt it is considered a bit late for the Christmas market.
The quality still looks high though, with Malcolm Gaskill’s book on witches in North America sure to appeal, the big picture thematic approach of Disruption: Why Things Change, and a look at Viking slavery in Thraldom to name just a few.
Our full list of 2021 (and earlier) books can be found here.
Notes (return to top)
- The purpose of this list is to give you a good feel for all the history books published in hardback in the UK. It is a reasonably exhaustive list but…
- The list is limited to books which are sold on Amazon.co.uk. This means that some publishers that don’t sell on Amazon will be missed but the vast majority are included.
- It also uses the date published (for the hardback version of the book) entered onto Amazon.co.uk to determine the publication year.
- Books shown roughly in date published order, with the ones we have reviewed put right to the top.
- I have excluded military history books which I see as a category all on its own (and would if included have swamped the non-military history books).
- I have excluded history books that I see as too “local” eg the many books on particular aspects of the US Civil War, or the many books focussing on relatives of medieval English kings.
- Finally I might have missed some interesting history books! If you think we have, contact us to let us know.