A round up of the popular history books published in the UK last month in hardback! This list is intended to be pretty comprehensive (see notes) with covers linking to Amazon (🇬🇧 and 🇺🇸). Hover mouse or press finger to reveal icon links. Our full list of history books can be found here.
Here is a list of history books released last month (July 2021) in the UK – one of which we have reviewed already: The Last Embassy.
There is a focus on British history this month, and on the medieval period. But other countries such as China and the central Asian states also feature: 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇨🇳🇨🇳🇺🇲🇨🇬🇺🇿🇹🇯🇹🇲🇮🇹
Our full list of 2021 (and earlier) books can be found here.
Notes (return to top)
- The purpose of this list is to give you a good feel for all the history books published in hardback in the UK. It is a reasonably exhaustive list but…
- The list is limited to books which are sold on Amazon.co.uk. This means that some publishers that don’t sell on Amazon will be missed but the vast majority are included.
- It also uses the date published (for the hardback version of the book) entered onto Amazon.co.uk to determine the publication year.
- Books shown roughly in date published order, with the ones we have reviewed put right to the top.
- I have excluded military history books which I see as a category all on its own (and would if included have swamped the non-military history books).
- I have excluded history books that I see as too “local” eg the many books on particular aspects of the US Civil War, or the many books focussing on relatives of medieval English kings.
- Finally I might have missed some interesting history books! If you think we have, contact us to let us know.